
|
Thursday, November 20, 2008 Y 3:39 PM National Schools Newspaper Competition Just for the sake of honouring the competition, I'll justify all the text :D What about it? I think it was a really great experience, to put it simply. We got to attend a mock press conference with Mr Teo Ser Luck, interview a youth table tennis star Isabelle Li, conduct a (tedious) poll of 42 youths, write a photo story of the police training academy. And survive 24 hours of squinting at glaring computer screens, each other, Lilian, Lilian + Esther (don't even ask), caffeine, milo + coffee powder, interviews by Razor TV guy Daryl, trying to stick to an over-optimistic but slightly realistic timeline. I didn't survive it. WE survived it, as a team. And I think that's what matters when it comes to the crunch. It doesn't even matter if we don't win anything. To quote an overplayed, overused, increasingly annoying song that Lilian was at one point humming incessantly, we're all in this together. Did I just do that? Okay anyway yes. I think it really opened my eyes to the world of journalism. A small fraction of it, but a fraction nonetheless. It also open my eyes to the wonderful brains of my team mates. Shiying and I had an argument over whose brain was getting married to Lilian's brain. I'm serious, the girl is a walking thesaurus cum dictionary cum novellist cum journalist. And then we have our wonderful Magic-maker, Karen. That girl has a way with the computers. To quote Karen, "Watch me work my magic!" And we have the awe-inspiring Shiying who managed to survive ALL 24 HOURS. Time for kowtowing. Then we have THE Esther. Who kindly brought along an entire box of Toblerone chocolates, much to the delight of Shiying and Lilian (who pledged her allegiance to Esther and later on renounced it). I had a great team :D WHO ALSO SABOED ME INTO TALKING A LOT IN THE INTERVIEWS BY RAZOR TV AND MADE ME GET INTERVIEWED BY THAT STRAITS TIMES JOURNALIST. Oh well. Some photos |
colourful mbs rgs nccair tribune adores chocolate and cheese needs more sleep, better grades, time management, survival skills and $$$$$ Click here if you want to leave. ongoing ESCAPADES ♥nadia ♥eenette ♥jiaying ♥pingting ♥marjorie ♥mansi ♥priscilla ♥julian ♥nathan ♥dennis ♥karmin ♥amanda chan ♥szemin ♥liqi ♥leena ♥veronica ♥kathy ♥julia ♥vicky ♥kyungtae ♥claire ♥lee cheryl ♥6J class blog ♥oneohone class blog into the past %u2605September 2007 %u2605October 2007 %u2605November 2007 %u2605December 2007 %u2605January 2008 %u2605February 2008 %u2605March 2008 %u2605April 2008 %u2605May 2008 %u2605June 2008 %u2605July 2008 %u2605August 2008 %u2605September 2008 %u2605October 2008 %u2605November 2008 %u2605December 2008 %u2605January 2009 %u2605February 2009 %u2605March 2009 %u2605April 2009 %u2605May 2009 %u2605June 2009 %u2605July 2009 %u2605August 2009 %u2605September 2009 APPLAUSE basecodes by: detonatedlove/♥s} images: photobucket designer: /♥s}summerkisses} |