
|
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 Y 7:35 PM It's been so long. Since I last blogged, I mean. I felt a sudden, intense need to blog and so here I am. It's strange, really, how people and their words linger with you even after they're gone. I don't mean gone gone but more like physically not with you. It has been a pretty messy and hectic year. But that's no excuse for how I've been dealing with the 'baton of leadership' passed to me since the start of the year. I can feel myself slowly doing what rokhini specifically told me not to do - die out. Maybe it's the SAs, maybe it's everything else in my mind and my life that has pushed tribune to one notch of importance lower than it used to be. Maybe it was the stress that took the passion out of it or maybe, maybe, ohdear, it's the fire that's dying out, which I absolutely cannot condone. In any case, I felt like I really needed some advice and motivation and my instinct was to read rokhini's gift-to-the-chairs letter. I'm really glad I did. I can now relate to what she says in ways I completely couldn't last year. It's hard to put it in words but it was exactly what I needed. Some parts, especially, made me realise what I haven't been doing and what I cannot do. Like die. Or what she sometimes refers to as losing my 'qi'. In any case, I'm thankful she's with me still. Kinda. Yes it sounds creepy but it isn't really. I'm really thankful for having great seniors who inspire through their words. Sincerely hope I'll be one. back to history. words that linger |
colourful mbs rgs nccair tribune adores chocolate and cheese needs more sleep, better grades, time management, survival skills and $$$$$ Click here if you want to leave. ongoing ESCAPADES ♥nadia ♥eenette ♥jiaying ♥pingting ♥marjorie ♥mansi ♥priscilla ♥julian ♥nathan ♥dennis ♥karmin ♥amanda chan ♥szemin ♥liqi ♥leena ♥veronica ♥kathy ♥julia ♥vicky ♥kyungtae ♥claire ♥lee cheryl ♥6J class blog ♥oneohone class blog into the past %u2605September 2007 %u2605October 2007 %u2605November 2007 %u2605December 2007 %u2605January 2008 %u2605February 2008 %u2605March 2008 %u2605April 2008 %u2605May 2008 %u2605June 2008 %u2605July 2008 %u2605August 2008 %u2605September 2008 %u2605October 2008 %u2605November 2008 %u2605December 2008 %u2605January 2009 %u2605February 2009 %u2605March 2009 %u2605April 2009 %u2605May 2009 %u2605June 2009 %u2605July 2009 %u2605August 2009 %u2605September 2009 APPLAUSE basecodes by: detonatedlove/♥s} images: photobucket designer: /♥s}summerkisses} |