Friday, June 26, 2009 Y 10:53 PM

Rayne says:
aaah I'm not over drag me to hell :/

Yes Sze Min and I got dragged to the cinema by three crazy testosterone charged guys who think that Drag Me to Hell is a horror COMEDY. Where the comedic part comes in, I don't really know. I found no part of that remotely funny except the part we all screamed cos we thought this animalistic sound came from the Lamia or the crazy old gypsy witch but it was actually this benign little goat. WHICH WASN'T SO BENIGN, by the way, when IT GOT POSSESSED.

In all though, I have to reluctantly admit it WAS quite a good experience. Did I really say that? I am NOT a fan of horror, I'm sure you can tell from the above. Neither do I see the point in wasting six or more bucks getting the life scared out of you. But I still went for the damn movie. And yes I got scared and was sufficiently embarrassed in the cinema. I screamed like twice or more into poor Jia Rong's ear and practically twisted his shoulder off when the things kept screaming/leaping out crazily/lunging/scratching/stapling(YES stapling)/grabbing at us through the screen. Meanwhile SzeMin and Qiu Le were cowering together very near by as well in a way that can only be described as, um, heartwarming. That still sounds wrong even though I've rewritten that sentence so many times. Qiu Le discovered a whole new way of blocking out the cinema screen, peeking out from behind his bag. Sze Min and I stuck to the traditional cover-your-head-with-your-jacket way. In Szemin's words:

Rayne says:
haha I spent more than three quarters of the show with my head in my jacket and the bit less than one quarters looking at the far upper left corner of the screen because the rest was obscured by my jacket


In case you're wondering I did the same.

In other words, there was a horror movie going on in the seats as well. It was like watching a horror comedy while being in one. Samuel remained strangely calm and unperturbed, except when telling Jia Rong who'd already watched it to stop making noises at the exciting parts. Seriously he would make noises and we'd both know something was going to happen.

An interesting experience, really.